Pages

Slider

Saturday, December 7, 2013

British Museum with Fujifilm X100S

I was in London about a month ago and managed to visit the British Museum, Bloomsbury London. It was a very quick visit as I had to catch a train back to Sheffield at St. Pancras station by 2pm. The rain was pouring heavily when I reached there so I didn't take any exterior shot of the museum, given that I had a handful of luggage and shopping bags with me. 

The admission is free, it's open daily and it has a cloak room! very convenient for a nomad like me right? Haha. However, if you want to drop in your luggage or coats, you have to pay £1.5 per item. This museum has numbers of great galleries. The main galleries were divided according to geographical areas like Africa, North America, Mexico, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece and Rome, while Middle East, Asia and Europe were further divided into several sub galleries.

Having been to The New Acropolis Museum in Athens and The Egyptian Museum in Cairo,  I found out that some collections from those museums were displayed here as well. But it wasn't a turn off point for me to visit this museum. Since I only spent about an hour and a half here for the quick glance, I am definitely will be back again whenever I am in London. 

Enough with the boring talk, here are some snapshots that I took with my Fujifilm X100S:

The foyer of the British Museum: The black and white effect was from in-camera filter. 


 A display at Mexico gallery

 Ancient Egypt Gallery: 'Think I used in-camera portrait filter for this one, if I was not mistaken. If you can't visit the Egyptian Museum, at least come and visit the British Museum.

 Parthenon Galleries

  Parthenon Galleries


Pediments of Acropolis. Reminds me of my visit to Athens.

 Parthenon Galleries in wide view

Towards  the exit


No major editing done to any of these photos except horizon alignment and minor cropping. And I added a white border to all of the photos here just because i can. :P


Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Kak. Tumpang tanya, macam mana nak activate in camera filters tu? Mohon tunjuk ajar. T.k.

    ReplyDelete

Stat Counter